Vermont Technical College – Bennington Nursing
In 2012, Vermont Technical College wanted to renovate a historic masonry building on their Bennington campus to provide space for their nursing program. The school hired Banwell Architects to design the interior layout and improve sound proofing between walls and floors.
Features of the project include:
- Prototypical nursing simulation lab for hands-on learning experience
- Expanded spaces for more comfortable student assembly, library, computer lab and work spaces
- Wall details to deaden the sound between rooms
- Carpeting and acoustic ceiling tiles to reduce noise between floors
- Construction of the space took place over the summer break. The newly renovated building now provides ample space and lighting for the school’s science lab, nursing lab, administrative offices, reception, library, computer room, and student lounge.