Provisions International, Ltd. is a specialty food distributer to restaurants, food cooperatives, independent grocers, and specialty food stores in Northern New England. Banwell Architects was hired to design a new food storage facility and offices that would replace their existing facility. Features of the new building include:
- A facility that meets the highest level of FDA standards
- First level spaces include 5 loading docks, 9,000SF of various cold food storage, 12,000 SF of dry goods storage, cheese cutting room & locker rooms
- Mezzanine spaces include exterior patio, observation deck & offices that overlook storage facility, lobby, and a lunchroom room that includes a high end food preparation kitchen that provides an outreach opportunity to their client base to promote featured food products that the company distributes.
- State of the art refrigeration system that maximizes energy efficiency and provides vast amounts statistical data required by FDA that insures the health and wellbeing of food products.
- Incorporation of natural lighting in most areas of the building.
- A contemporary “Old Mill” style aesthetic for front entry, offices and lobby.