Alliance for the Visual Arts (AVA)
In 2003, the Board of Trustees for AVA Gallery & Art Center purchased a historic (1880) mill building in downtown Lebanon. The design incorporated renovated reception and gallery spaces, offices, teaching studios, sculpture studio, and 15 rental studios. Stairwell additions flanting the east and west sides serve as a modern counterpoint to the historic building and greatly improve egress. Original historic detail was revealed and restored, and is featured throughout the 40,000 sf structure. The building is registered with the US Green Building Council environmental program and has achieved a LEED Gold rating. Environmental features include interior and exterior sun control devices, completely upgraded building envelope (new windows and super insulation throughout), partial vegetated roof, green certified wood products, water conservation, storm water treatment, etc. In addition, over 90% of the construction waste was diverted to recycling plants.