Vermont Farmstead Cheese Company
In 2011, the Vermont Farmstead Cheese Company joined Harpoon Brewery, Simon Pearce, and four other companies comprised by Artisans Park in Windsor, Vermont. Banwell Architects worked with the park owner and the owner of the cheese company to design an existing simple metal building into a charming, rustic cheese factory and shop.
Features of the project include:
- Timber-frame outdoor entry to improve external appeal and showcase product
- Outdoor spaces that integrate stylistically with the park to maximize the visitor experience
- Interior windows that enable visitors to observe the cheese-making process
- Functional amenities to accommodate truck dock, milk silos, and storage units
- Meets Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations
- Super insulated building envelope to improve energy efficiency
Visitors to the renovated cheese factory enjoy all that the park has to offer. The cheese factory welcomes customers, with warm and natural tones, to learn about Vermont Farmstead Cheeses and purchase local products.