New London Inn
In 2010, the historic New London Inn transferred ownership. At the time, small electrical and plumbing concerns like running toilets and popping breakers cropped up daily and the guest rooms and lobby were outdated. The new owner hired Banwell Architects to renovate the building using energy efficient practices while maintaining the inn’s historic charm and iconic presence in New London.
Features of the renovated inn include:
- New furniture, fixtures, and finishes to improve the comfort of public areas and guest rooms
- Energy efficient lighting and low-flow plumbing fixtures to increase efficiency and savings
- Updated heating and cooling systems to improve comfort throughout the inn
- More efficient kitchen stove hood with a fire suppression system to improve safety
- Fire-proof materials and finishes to enhance fire safety in the historic building
The new interior is much more comfortable for guests, which has resulted in increased business for the inn. Updated mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems have reduced operational costs, enabling the inn to spend their money on building their business.